The UK’s leading tile retailer, Topps Tiles, boasts a network of over 300 stores nationwide. Whilst this means that the retailer is something of a household name, it also means that Topps Tiles’ customer journey is often complex and multi-channel.
The retailer was therefore looking for a partner that understood the complexity of their customer journey, and was able to drive performance across all of the key metrics and channels.
The Croud difference
Topps Tiles selected Croud as their search marketing partner due to the passion that the Croud team demonstrated for their business, combined with a real understanding of Topps Tiles’ customer journey. As Topps Tiles’ paid search marketing partner, the Croud team used their expertise and knowledge to:
- Understand what was and wasn’t working: By restructuring Topps Tiles’ accounts into improved keyword and campaign groupings, the Croud team was able to get a clearer understanding of how their PPC campaigns were performing, and then prioritise improvements
- Refine and optimise the use of audiences: Leveraging both the search engines’ and Croud’s own best practices – to drive more efficient traffic
- Give Topps Tiles the best possible presence on the search landscape: By reviewing Topps Tiles’ existing ad extensions, and testing new ones such as visual sitelinks, Croud ensured that, every time an ad appeared, it showed Topps Tiles in the best possible way
- Make every click count: By reviewing and optimising everything from the search partners Topps Tiles was working with to the use of ad rotation, Croud made sure the traffic captured was as targeted as possible, increasing clicks to site whilst keeping costs down
- Leverage Google Shopping to drive additional activity: By overhauling feeds and feed management, as well as implementing an automated bidding strategy, the Croud team could drive the most cost-effective traffic possible
Within the first year of partnering with Croud, Topps Tiles saw impressive year-on-year improvements in performance, including in terms of order volumes and costs, and the leading retailer went on to expand their relationship with Croud to encompass organic search.
increase in orders
decrease in cost-per-action
One of the key challenges for Topps Tiles, online specifically, is our multi-channel journey. The thing that really struck me about Croud was the passion and enthusiasm for not only us as a business, but really getting behind the brand, with some of the team actually going through that journey themselves.
Steve West, Digital Marketing Manager, Topps Tiles