Created: 24th May 2018
Last updated: 24th May 2018
Croud Inc Ltd., Croud Inc. and Croud Australia Pty. Ltd. (“Croud”) respects your rights to privacy and to personal data protection, and is committed to protecting these through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at croud.com (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, keeping, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies
to information we collect:
- on the Website (including desktop and mobile versions);
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Croud;
- when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services;
- when you interact with the Website through third-party websites and services;
- from publicly available sources, like your LinkedIn profile; and
- offline, including when we collect a business card at an event.
It does not apply to information:
- collected by any third party (including our affiliates) including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website; or
- through any other means.
Please read this text carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. Privacy choices are available to you on our privacy options page. If, despite the privacy choices available to you, you do not agree with our policies and practices, your remaining choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using our Website, and by consenting to our processing of your personal data (in relation to “The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679”) you agree to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal data as described in this policy.
We may change this policy on one or more occasions. Where this change of policy includes a change to the purpose for processing your personal data, we will seek to renew your consent for that personal data processing. Where the purpose for processing your personal data remains unchanged, we will not seek to renew your consent for our processing of your personal data (we will continue to offer privacy choices on the privacy options page); and we will consider your continued use of the Website after we make changes to this policy as your acceptance of the changes. Please check the policy frequently for updates.
1. What types of information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or service, including personal data:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number; or
- details of your business, and business dealings and operations, and a record of the communications and meetings you’ve had with Croud; or
- about your internet connection, and the software or equipment that you use to access our Website; or
- about your usage of the Website, including the pages that you view and in some cases information about how you clicked to visit the Website; or
- by which you may be pseudonymously identified, including the values of web cookies and mobile device identifiers.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- directly from publicly available sources;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us Online
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive communications, or enquiring about further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include: cookies or other local storage and web beacons (or “pixels,” on the Website and including in our emails).
2. How do we use your information?
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, on the grounds of the contract between us, legal obligation, your vital interests, or the public interests. The reason for this processing of your personal data may include
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and
- to investigate and prevent illegal activities.
We may also use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us with your consent, which is given in relation to a purpose. That purpose may include
- to notify you about changes to any products or services we offer or provide; or
- in any other way we may describe when you give consent and provide the information.
We may also use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us on the grounds of our legitimate interests. The reason for this processing of your personal data may include
- to notify you about changes to any products or services we offer or provide;
- to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you; and
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your personal data.
These purposes require that we store personal data for 38 months. We delete it after that time, except where it is renewed by your direct contact with Croud.
If you do not want us to use your information in these ways, then email email@example.com to let us know. In relation to emails you may receive from Croud, where your subscription to a Croud marketing list has caused you to receive the email, you can remove yourself from the marketing list by using the unsubscribe link that you’ll find in the email itself. For more information, see “What choices do you have about how we use and disclose your information?”
The information we collect automatically is grouped by its purpose into one of three categories, either:
- operating the Website; or
- measurement; or
Automatic Data Collection for Operating the Website
Operating the Website includes for the purposes of:
- delivering its pages;
- allowing you to participate in any interactive features on our Website;
- processing and logging your requests;
- maintaining the Website and resolving any technical issues that may occur in its operation;
- investigating and preventing illegal activities; and may include
- personalising the Website for you
- processing and recording the pages you request as you land on them and navigate between them;
- logging information about the software and equipment you use to request pages;
- storing information about your preferences, thus allowing us to customise the Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognising you when you return to our Website.
Automatic Data Collection for Measurement
Measurement includes for the purposes of:
- improving our Website’s technical performance (for example, the speed with which its pages are loading for its visitors);
- improving its content performance (for example, where unpopular content may be revealed as having been produced poorly than normal, or reflect the changing needs of our visitors);
- testing new versions of the Website (wholly or partially) on a sample of its audience, and measuring the differences in performance between the versions. This involves the storage of information about which version of the website you’ve seen.
Measurement rarely involves the study of any individual, but statistical techniques in measurement do rely on personal data.
Automatic Data Collection for Advertising
Advertising includes for the purposes of collecting information about your online activities on the Website and across third-party websites or other online services so that:
- Croud can notify you about changes to any products or services we offer or provide;
- Croud can show advertising;
- this advertising may be shown to you and personalised in relation to your previous behaviour;
- Croud can measure the delivery and performance of the advertising it places; and
- Croud can use reporting on the Website’s visitors, including using data collected from across third-party websites, to inform marketing plans and decisions.
3. With whom do we share your information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concerning or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see “What choices do you have about how we use and disclose your information?”
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Croud uses these processors as partners in processing your personal data
Relationships with our clients and customers
- Office 365
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
The Operation of the Website
- WP Engine
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics (but not its “Advertising Features”)
- Infinity Call Tracking
- Google Analytics (including its “Advertising Features”)
- Google AdWords
4. What choices do you have about how we use and disclose your information?
We strive to provide you with choices about the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- On the privacy options page, you can give or revoke consent for automatic data collection on the website, for either measurement, or also measurement and advertising.
- You’re able to review the way that Google and Facebook process data about you in general (i.e. not just on our Website).
- For Google, you can review the Ads Settings for your Google user account, and this includes being able to opt out of personalised advertising. You can also use the My Activity settings to control data that Google stores about you and decide how it’s used.
- Facebook’s Data Policy includes a link to your account ad controls
- All promotional emails sent from Croud include an unsubscribe link, and this can be used to remove yourself from our mailing list.
5. How do you access and correct your information?
With respect to the EU GDPR, you have a right to review and correct, export and delete the personal data about you processed by Croud. We’ll be happy to accommodate your request if you begin by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
That email address is also ready to receive any other request in relation to privacy, personal data, and data protection and security: email@example.com.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission you make of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7. Global Business
By using the Website and our services, your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in and between the United Kingdom, the United States of America, the European Union and any other country or region of the World.
8. Do Not Track Policy
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to signal to websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide you with choices including those on the privacy options page. But we do not guarantee any recognition or response to any DNT signals as internet industry consensus is still being sought on the meaning and usefulness of the DNT browser setting, and how to interpret its signal. For more information about DNT signals, you may visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
9. Links to Other Websites
The Website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal data.
10. Copyright Content Takedown Requests
If you reasonably believe your copyrighted work has been used or posted without your consent, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your takedown request.
12. Contact Information
Like to know more?
Email: Email us
Croud Inc Ltd, Ground Floor,
87a Worship St, London,
Email: Email us
25 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY, 10002
Email: Email us
Croud Australia Pty Ltd,
Belmont House, 26-28 Wentworth Avenue
Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
Email: Email us
Croud Inc Ltd, The Chancery,
Abbey Lawn, Shrewsbury,