Driving brand awareness through an integrated, cross-channel campaign
Services: Paid search, Programmatic, Paid social
Multinational workspace specialists IWG challenged Croud to deliver an integrated, cross-channel marketing campaign to increase awareness of their brand Spaces.
Tasked with supporting the brand in locations with low occupancy rates, our campaign had two key objectives: boosting awareness, and ultimately driving bookings to centres in those locations.
As part of these overarching aims, we wanted to:
- Respond to and assist regional managers as they reached new local audiences
- Deliver creative assets that were hyper-focused on each location and audience
- Reach beyond online users, to business decision-makers or people who would convert at a later date
This required a robust cross-channel strategy, to be activated across 12 focus markets and 20 target locations, with consistency and clarity being key to success.
The Croud difference
The answer was a full-funnel strategy, running across programmatic, paid social and PPC. Bespoke assets were created for the campaign, across five different languages, resulting in 218 creative variants that tested copy, imagery and calls to action to determine the highest rates of success in each location.
The main targeting strategies we deployed across each stage of the funnel included:
- Awareness: In order to boost reach for Spaces, we used custom-built third-party data segments and granular lookalike audiences for programmatic, alongside the use of interest targeting on Facebook, with a focus on entrepreneurs and small business employees in office-based industries.
- Consideration: We applied geofence targeting around office locations in key markets, as well as using both Display & Video 360 proximity targeting and third-party partners. Programmatic also worked closely with a search intent partner, enabling Croud to deliver bespoke display ads fuelled by search intelligence data signals.
- Conversion: As well as building lookalike audiences for programmatic display, we focused on decision-makers at SME businesses, along with commercial real estate brokers on LinkedIn, targeting these groups with Sponsored content and InMail campaigns.
Thanks to our network of Croudies, the Croud team were able to deliver on the requirements of implementing the campaign on a global scale, which required extensive localisation of ad copy and creative assets.
The campaign was an overwhelming success, delivering on its key objective of driving brand awareness for Spaces’ office locations with low occupancy rates but high potential, whilst also driving qualified leads for IWG.
- Following the transition to the new creatives, click-through-rates were up 100% when compared to BAU prospecting activity
- When measuring lead generation, we used a data-driven weighting model calculated through incremental placebo analysis. We saw 601 incremental leads, with the vast majority driven in our key target markets: France, US and UK
- The impact of the brand awareness-focused campaign was also seen directly in search uplift, with London seeing an impressive 90% uplift in paid search impressions over the same period
- We delivered a cost-per-lead which was 44% lower than standard prospecting activity
Not only that, but the campaign picked up the award for Best B2B Campaign at the Drum Digital Advertising Awards 2019.
increase in CTR
uplift in paid search impressions