A comprehensive SEO strategy that delivered an 82% increase in new users for the recruitment business
Recruitment specialists Michael Page wanted to increase their organic traffic by 10% year on year.
With digital becoming increasingly competitive in the recruitment space and job aggregators such as Seek and Indeed dominating the search results with their content strategy, Michael Page Australia saw a notable drop in traffic to their website.
As a key focus, Michael Page Australia therefore tasked Croud with realigning their online marketing strategy, increasing organic traffic, boosting local search visibility and ensuring the website met SEO best practices.
The Croud difference
- Following a full review of Michael Page’s audience, Croud developed a strategy for targeting job-seekers of full-time roles in mid to high-level management positions.
- The Croud team carried out keyword research using the Google keyword planner, to identify the greatest areas of opportunity for Michael Page.
- With a huge volume of searches around ‘interview questions’ and related keywords, the Croud team devised a content expansion plan which focused on the advice and category-specific sections of the Michael Page site.
- Croud implemented a local SEO campaign – to promote Michael Page’s services locally to those who were researching job roles or related content in specific locations.
- A full audit of the website was conducted and key focus areas were identified and addressed.
Off the back of the campaign, there was an impressive 154% year-on-year increase in organic traffic, along with an 82% uplift in new users to the site. In addition, local search visibility was hugely improved, with a 70% year-on-year increase in organic traffic to the location pages.
The change in strategic approach also saw an uplift in registrations (converted organic leads) of 22.5%, which contributed to overall business revenue, demonstrating the huge business impact that SEO can have.
increase in new users