[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_raw_html]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[/vc_raw_html][text_output]I have interviewed many people over the last 10 years and whenever I ask each candidate “What are your expectations of your future employer?” I can guarantee the answer every time will be training and career progression, and with only 54% of UK organisations offering talent management activities (CIPD Learning & Development survey 2014) it is a worthwhile question to ask. The excellent news is that Croud are 150% behind further development of staff and there is a clear path to progression should you want it. Phew, that makes it very easy to answer the candidate’s question!
But are they really? Well I guess that recruiting me as the Training & Development manager two years ago means they must be serious when it comes to development, so what have I been up to.
- Induction Training. We recruit a lot of graduates in the Shrewsbury office and these are ready to be moulded into the next generation of Digital Marketing Experts. The initial induction is 5 days and is a combination of learning videos, classroom learning and training tasks. Once this is complete they are integrated onto their team and the on-the-job training begins which is supported with a three month training timeline to be followed. This timeline provides visibility as to what milestones need to be met by the newbie and instructs the line manager as to what work their new team member should be exposed to. This timeline is reviewed at each weekly one to one meeting with their line manager.
- Training Records. Each member of Croud has a training record that details any internal workshops they could attend, all the Digital Marketing certification available that they can study for and any external training they may have attended. This is reviewed at their monthly one to one and new learning challenges are set for the following month.
- External Training. Unfortunately I am not an expert in everything (really?) so from time to time training needs to be sourced that can be provided by external companies. We currently have staff members studying for:
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
- City & Guilds Level 2 in Customer Service
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 2
- ILM Level 3
Outside of the projects I have been working on there are also other members of staff that are heading up knowledge share sessions between team members, channels and offices, so that everyone has a chance to learn more about the industry we work in.
But why are we all so keen on ensuring there is the chance to develop in our roles? Are we not just happy to be offered the position we are interviewing for in the first place? I think it all boils down to the reassurance you get when you know that the opportunity to learn is there. We may be too busy to even consider attending that really important training session, but it’s good to know that you could go.
But what benefit do Croud take from all this empowering of their staff? The answer is simple; happy, upskilled staff that don’t want to work anywhere else and clients that benefit from all that extra knowledge and skills!
So yes, Croud are 150% (200% even!) behind further development and yes time can be allocated to self-study and learning – just make sure you request it in your one to one! Every member of staff has the ultimate responsibility for their development and Croud will support and facilitate the desired learning path. Basically, the world is your oyster when you are an employee at Croud![/text_output][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][visibility type=”hidden-desktop”][gap size=”20px”][/visibility][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”ups-sidebar-2″][/vc_column][/vc_row]