[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_raw_html]JTNDZGl2JTIwY2xhc3MlM0QlMjJhZGR0aGlzX3Rvb2xib3glMjBhZGR0aGlzX2RlZmF1bHRfc3R5bGUlMjBhZGR0aGlzXzMyeDMyX3N0eWxlJTIyJTNFJTNDJTJGZGl2JTNFJTBBJTNDc2NyaXB0JTNFJTJGJTJGJTIwJTNDJTIxJTVCQ0RBVEElNUIlMEF2YXIlMjBhZGR0aGlzX2NvbmZpZyUyMCUzRCUyMCU3QiUyMmRhdGFfdHJhY2tfYWRkcmVzc2JhciUyMiUzQXRydWUlN0QlM0IlMEElMkYlMkYlMjAlNUQlNUQlM0UlM0MlMkZzY3JpcHQlM0UlMEElM0NzY3JpcHQlMjBzcmMlM0QlMjIlMkYlMkZzNy5hZGR0aGlzLmNvbSUyRmpzJTJGMzAwJTJGYWRkdGhpc193aWRnZXQuanMlMjNwdWJpZCUzRHJhLTUzOTFmZmZjNjI0Mzk1NjclMjIlM0UlM0MlMkZzY3JpcHQlM0U=[/vc_raw_html][text_output]Over the last couple of days we have talked about ad extensions and audiences, now the dust has (almost) settled from the festive craziness many savvy marketers are now focusing their attention on Google Shopping.
It’s hard to overstate the impact of shopping on the search environment. This has been a genuine revolution and is clearly a product designed to take on Amazon.
Shopping has evolved significantly since our first tentative beta trials 2 years ago. Given our broad range of retail clients we have blogged about this regularly (here, here and here) but we’d like to bring you up to date with the benefit of 2 years experience with these best practice pointers:
- Ensure there is a “dedicated feed” for Google Shopping which is fed into the Google Merchant Centre daily
- Optimise the shopping feed up in line with Google best practice including correct taxonomy, categorisation & specific shopping requirements
- Make sure the Shopping feed references your main site feed and stays up to date with new products come in or existing products go out of stock
Running with a dedicated feed allows for ‘back-end’ optimisation, adding parameters such as price, stock, promotion, colour, etc.
As a client with an agency working their little old socks off to make your shopping as effective as possible you should have:
- Daily quality checks and feed failure safe locks
- Real-time reporting & insight
- Advanced bid management capabilities, not available within AdWords
(e.g. price brackets bidding, item bidding or different groups bidding)
- Rule based auto-optimisation (adjust bids based upon defined boundaries)
- More granular insight – item/SKU level data even if they are optimised at a group level
- Content management controls
A cool new product recently released by Google is Remarketing lists for Shopping Ads. We are unfortunately bound by NDA on this one but please speak to your Google rep if you’re keen to know more.
In summary advertisers will be able to set bid adjustments for their Shopping Campaigns for users who have been to their website before.
The final part of this post will be uploaded tomorrow and concerns analytics and reporting.[/text_output][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][visibility type=”hidden-desktop”][gap size=”20px”][/visibility][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”ups-sidebar-2″][/vc_column][/vc_row]