VESA enlisted the support of Croud to explore using more targeted online advertising, to maximise their reach among their target demographic of students across the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
Facebook was something they had previously tested, using the platform to boost posts; however, they were in need of a more strategic framework and approach. The objectives were therefore to:
- Gain an understanding of the target demographic and analyse the data from previous years
- Reach a more targeted audience and increase applications
- Generate a total of 149 applications divided amongst the four targeted countries
The Croud Difference
- We came up with a simple strategy that used Facebook proprietary targeting to put ads in front of students, aged between 18-24
- From previous research, we saw that young women were more likely to sign up
- Leveraging Facebook interest targeting, we also focused on young people who were interested in either travel or volunteering
After two weeks we had already exceeded the target of 149 applications. And at the end of the 12-week in-market period, we had generated a total of 688 applications and 76 confirmed payments. With the booking cycle often taking as long as 200 days, the fact we were able to show so many confirmed payments alongside applications was icing on the cake for a very happy client.