The UK’s leading tile retailer, Topps Tiles, boasts a network of over 370 stores nationwide. Whilst this means that the retailer is something of a household name, it also means that Topps Tiles’ customer journey is often complex and multi-channel.
The retailer was therefore looking for a partner that understood the complexity of their customer journey, and was able to drive performance across all of the key metrics and channels.
The Croud Difference
Topps Tiles selected Croud as their search marketing partner due to the passion that the Croud team demonstrated for their business, combined with a real understanding of Topps Tiles’ customer journey.
Since taking over Topps Tiles’ paid search marketing in late 2017, the Croud team has used their expertise and knowledge to:
- Understand what was and wasn’t working: By restructuring Topps Tiles’ accounts into improved groupings of keywords and campaigns, the Croud team was able to get a much clearer understanding of how their paid search campaigns were performing, and to prioritise improvements
- Refine and optimise the use of audiences – leveraging both the search engines’ and Croud’s own best practices – to drive more efficient traffic
- Give Topps Tiles the best possible presence on the search landscape: By reviewing Topps Tiles’ existing ad extensions, and testing new ones such as visual sitelinks, Croud ensured that, every time an ad appeared, it showed Topps Tiles in the best possible way
- Make every click count: By reviewing and optimising everything from the search partners Topps Tiles was working with to the use of ad rotation, Croud made sure the traffic captured was as targeted as possible, increasing clicks to site whilst keeping costs down
- Leverage Google Shopping to drive additional activity: By overhauling feeds and feed management, as well as implementing an automated bidding strategy, the Croud team could drive the most cost-effective traffic possible
Since starting work with Croud, Topps Tiles has seen impressive year-on-year improvements in performance, including:
- 178% increase in orders
- 29% decrease in cost per action
Topps Tiles has been so impressed with the results, that they have expanded their relationship with Croud to also encompass organic search, and the relationship continues to go from strength to strength.