Michael Page wanted to increase their organic traffic by 10% year on year
In 2017, with digital becoming increasingly competitive in the recruitment space and job aggregators such as Seek and Indeed dominating the search results with their content strategy, Michael Page Australia saw a notable drop in traffic to their website, compared to the previous year.
As a key focus, Michael Page Australia therefore tasked Croud with realigning their online marketing strategy, increasing organic traffic, boosting local search visibility and ensuring the website met SEO best practices.
The Croud Difference
- Following a full review of Michael Page’s audience, Croud developed a strategy for targeting job-seekers of full-time roles in mid to high-level management positions
- The Croud team carried out keyword research using the Google keyword planner, to identify the greatest areas of opportunity for Michael Page
- With a huge volume of searches around ‘interview questions’ and related keywords, the Croud team devised a content expansion plan which focused on the advise and category-specific sections of the Michael Page site
- Croud implemented a local SEO campaign – to promote Michael Page’s services locally to those who were researching job roles or related content in specific locations
- A full audit of the website was conducted and key focus areas were identified and addressed
- Off the back of the campaign, there was an impressive 154% year-on-year increase in organic traffic
- Local search visibility was improved hugely, with a 70% year-on-year increase in organic traffic to the location pages
- There was also an 82% increase in new users
- The change in strategic approach also saw an uplift in registrations (converted organic leads) of 22.5%, which contributed to overall business revenue, demonstrating how SEO has a real impact on business results