Leading photography equipment manufacturer Manfrotto was finding that the performance of its search traffic was inconsistent and that some sites, particularly its Japanese site, weren’t meeting local customers’ needs, and were hindering conversion rates.
Croud was tasked with:
- Gaining a better understanding of local customers to help tailor their experience accordingly
- Increasing conversion rates and average basket value in low-performing markets
The Croud Difference
Croud utilised a wide range of tools and tracking methods to discover how well each Manfrotto website was optimised for the local market, including:
- All-in-one analytics and feedback tool Hotjar
- A bespoke Google Analytics tracking solution and its Enhanced Ecommerce tool.
Alongside this, Croud carried out user testing in Japan, enlisting native Japanese speakers from Croud’s global network of Croudies, our on-demand digital experts across the globe, to complete a number of tasks on Manfrotto’s site and record their thoughts and actions.
By evaluating both the quantitative and qualitative data collected, Croud identified a number of issues negatively impacting site conversion, both at a global and local level.
With a clear opportunity to improve user experience and conversion rates on Manfrotto’s sites, Croud recommended, designed and delivered a series of A/B tests in Google Optimize to address the issues identified. Following this, Manfrotto saw the following:
- A 28% year-on-year increase in conversion rate
- In Japan alone, conversion rate improved by an impressive 128%
- In addition, average basket values increased globally by 6.5%