The financial services paid search landscape is increasingly competitive. Hiscox, the premium home and business insurance provider, needed to be much smarter in their PPC tactics and leverage better targeting to mitigate costs.
In order to remain competitive in an increasingly aggressive marketplace, Hiscox needed to increase the volume of conversions from paid search, whilst decreasing the overall cost per click and cost per action. Therefore, Hiscox enlisted the help of Croud.
The Croud Difference
- Croud utilised Google’s machine learning products including Dynamic Search Ads, Smart Bidding and Smart Lists
- By adopting a test-and-learn approach, Croud were able to continuously optimise the campaign towards conversions
- Following a deep-dive analysis, Croud gathered insights to inform and optimise full rollout of each feature
- Dynamic Search Ads increased click-through rate by 8% and reduced cost per quote by more than £10 compared to non-brand search
- Hiscox have been able to identify new opportunities, such as targeting people searching for personal camera insurance using long-tail keywords
- Smart Lists converted 62% better on average than standard search
- AdWords Smart Bidding improved conversion rate by 48% and reduced cost per quote by 39%
- Google showcased Croud and Hiscox’s use of machine learning as a best-practice example on Think with Google